My 200 nationwide minutes were replaced with 95 local when I ported my # to my cellbut my data remained the same.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

At the first opportunity (end of home phone promo) I ported my home # to my Koodo cell. Current plan is 200 nationwide minutes & 200 mg data for $30 mo.
During the port process my data remained the same but my minutes changed to 95 local minutes. How do I get this corrected.
I want to change my plan to the $40 lightweight plan but when trying, the response is that I have already changed my plan this billing cycle.
How can I get this corrected.
Photo of Michael Ryan

Michael Ryan

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's because when you change your number or change your plan, your minutes and data are prorated.

1 billing cycle = 30 days

FOR EXAMPLE:
Plan has 200 minutes

Lets say you're exactly half way through your billing cycle, if you change plans then you will only have HALF the minutes in the actual plan for the remainder of the cycle. If you change your plan 10/30 days in, you only get 2/3 of the minutes in the actual plan. If you change your plan 20/30 days in, you only get 1/3 of the minutes in the actual plan. This is just for that billing cycle. Once your new cycle begins, it will reset to the full amount of minutes.

A phone number change counts like a plan change in the eyes of proration because it see's it as two different lines. Which is ALSO why the system thinks you've changed your plan and won't let you.
Photo of Michael Ryan

Michael Ryan

I get this, but my minutes were nationwide & now they are stated as local minutes.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Don't worry, they're still nationwide
Photo of RudyW

RudyW

• 21,890 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What do you mean they "were" nationwide? On your home phone? Who was your provider?
Photo of Michael Ryan

Michael Ryan

thanks Michael

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.