MTS Nokia Lumna 610 to Koodo, no hspa coverage?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hello,
I'm interested in switching from MTS to Koodo, but worried about a-few things.
1. I live in Dauphin and it looks like coverage here is bad/non-existent?
2. I'm interested in the $30 a month plan but would like to know how one would get 'suspended'.
3. I already own a Nokia Lumia 610 that's on a pay-as-you-go plan...do I still get the 10% off monthly deal, and how many months would this include if I did?
Photo of apix guisse

apix guisse

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,022 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
1) There is only CDMA coverage in Dauphin
2) By suspended do you mean having your services cut off involuntarily? If so it happens when you dont pay. If you are on the spending limit program it happens when you reach your spending limit
3) If you want to use a phone you already own to get a monthly plan then you you qualify for 10% off your plan. This would be included on every monthly until you need to get a new phone by using the tab.
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,546 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Apix,

Unfortunately, there is no HSPA coverage (your Nokia will not work) in Dauphin, MB. However, Koodo and its partners are working to improve coverage in Manitoba.

In terms of being "suspended," If you are placed on the Spending Limit Program, you will be suspended when you reach the $200 limit. If not in SLP, if you fail to pay your bill, your account will be suspended.

If you go to a Prepaid plan, there is no 10% discount because Prepaid does not have a tab. If you want the month-to-month plan, you are eligible for the 10% off No Tab Discount.

Hope it helps :)
Photo of apix guisse

apix guisse

Great. Sounds like I just have to wait until HSPA covers my area. :(
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,022 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sticking with MTS is your best bet. They have the best coverage in MB
Photo of apix guisse

apix guisse

They treat me horribly and fixing even the smallest of issues takes at-least a-few days. Companies that don't care about customer service don't deserve support.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.