Moving to whistler for 2 months from US

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi,

I'm looking into getting service for my Samsung s5 which is currently on verizon in the US. Since I'm vacationing in Whistler, BC for 2 months this summer I am looking to get a temporary sim card and service while in Canada.

Does Koodo offer a month by month service or is there contracts involved?
I'm assuming I'll need to unlock my phone before the Koodo sim will work?
Does anyone know what the service is like in the Whistler, BC area?

Thanks for you're time,

Craig
Photo of Craig Wilcox

Craig Wilcox

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of RudyW

RudyW

• 21,890 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes koodo has a prepaid service. coverage is very good. they work off telus' towers. And yes phone would have to be unlocked.
Photo of Craig Wilcox

Craig Wilcox

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Most the prepaid service options say local calling only, is there an option that will allow for calls from the US?
Photo of Tayeb A

Tayeb A, Employee

• 18,186 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Craig :)

You can use your prepaid phone for local calls if they’re included in your base plan, but for long distance calls, you’ll need a booster. Please keep in mind that you can use your Prepaid phone all over Canada, but not outside of the country.

Here are some standard rates for Talk Boosters: 1 min U.S. call = Deduct 2 talk minutes / 1 min international call = Deduct 5 talk minutes

For more information about our prepaid service, please click here: http://koo.do/Tugydl

Hope this helps!

If you see a good answer, give it a star.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.