Moving phone plus 1-800# to Koodo

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have a business phone number and a toll free number and I think I would like to consolidate into one mobile phone instead of a mobile, land line and toll free. Can I bring them both to Koodo and use my existing Samsung Note 3?
Photo of Garland Coulson

Garland Coulson

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo doesn't offer toll free numbers, but you should be able to port the other line.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,622 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Port both your 800 and business number to CallCentric or other VoIP provider that offers call forwarding. You can use your home intenet connection to handle your phone over VoIP and have a landline. Or skip the landline entirely and just forward all your calls to your Koodo number.

The reason I suggest forwarding everything is that VoIP voicemail and call handling are a lot more flexible than the generic one-size-fits-all solutions offered by cell phone providers.
Photo of Garland Coulson

Garland Coulson

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I actually don't need special call handling, just voice mail. I detest call waiting and won't subject my clients to it.

I can probably leave the 1-800# at Shaw. It is already pointed to my business number so if my business number ports to Koodo, it should just follow me.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,622 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That will also work fine if you're happy with the Koodo voicemail and the 800 number is currently being forwarded in a timely manner.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.