Motorola 3g XT1541 compatiblity with Koodo prepaid

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
Hello,

We've been in Montreal for a few days with my girlfriend and we've both bought a 55$ prepaid plan with Koodo to have calls and data. But she's been unable to receive or make calls and she's often unable to get any network connectivy even when I'm right next to her and have full bars with the same plan.

I'm starting to suspect that the Koodo sales guy was wrong and that her mobile phone is not fully compatible with the Koodo network (Motorola 3g XT1541). If that's the case can we get a refund?
Photo of florent.alexandre

florent.alexandre

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,544 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The Koodo rep must have just assumed all moto G phones are 3g quadband. Hard to believe that Motorola would make a dual band Europe variant only. The only thing that you'll get with this phone is data. You need 850/1900mhz for 3g but it only has 900/2100mhz.

As for a refund, maybe. You'd have to contact Koodo directly. Prepaid funds rarely are refunded but you could explain your situation and a rep might be able to do it. Send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to ask. No guarantees though.
(Edited)
Photo of florent.alexandre

florent.alexandre

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks thats what I feared. I've contacted them to get a refund, store credit that would go to buying a compatible phone would be great and a great way to get our fidelity.
(Edited)
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 61,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you are shopping independently for another phone, check your potential purchase against

www.willmyphonework.net

May as well get something that works back home as well as here. It would also be nice if your new set could use the same size SIM you have in your posession.
(Edited)