moto x 2014 not receiving incoming texts or calls...

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
i have an at&t moto x 2014 (xt1097) from the states. i came here (montreal, qc) and got a koodo sim card and it worked great... for a while. but for the last week ive gotten no incoming calls or texts except this morning at 10:30 i received a week's worth of texts. i did factory reset and wiped everything and it still won't receive any more texts or calls.
Photo of Ashley Cackle

Ashley Cackle

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • aggravated and missing out on hundreds of dollars of business

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
try toggling your phone in and out of airplane mode, and also pull out the SIM card, turn off the phone let it sit for a minute. than boot up and put it back in. This can help refresh the phones "network card"
Photo of Ashley Cackle

Ashley Cackle

totally didn't do a single thing
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

Has someone tried texting you since you refreshed the SIM ? If yes and still not working than you may just need to go get a new SIM card from Koodo if you cannot get it working.
(Edited)
Photo of Ashley Cackle

Ashley Cackle

yes, people have tried texting me.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

As Bob brought up below. Have Koodo test one of THEIR sims in your phone to see if it receives texts. If it doesn't , than you know its your phone and not the SIM. i recommend this before buying or replacing your current SIM
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,162 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If it's not too inconvenient, pop into any Koodo boutique and have them test your phone with one of their SIMS, and also test your SIM in one of their phones. Should answer your concerns.
Photo of Ashley Cackle

Ashley Cackle

i went to one and the guy told me it was a problem with 5.1 so i went home and spend all day rooting it with a fresh 6.0 install.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.