Moto G 4 Plus (May 2016) - What RAM version does Koodo sell? How does it compare to X-Play?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I am looking at the Motorola Moto 4 G Plus. According to Wikipedia, there are several models out with different RAM (2/3/4). Wondering (should I really) which one of those is the one offered through Koodo. (Probably 2, eh?)

here is my source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_G4

And I am looking at the specs, this phone doesn't really seem to be an improvement over x-play, is it? Camera only 16MP, instead of 21; smaller battery .... Would you trade one for the other?

thank you
Sang-gye
Photo of Sang-gye Buschmann

Sang-gye Buschmann

• 1,166 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,212 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It'll be the 2GB version. And sadly Lenovo way overpriced it in Canada.

Well, dxomark.com puts it on par with the iphone 6s in camera quality, so I'd say it's better than the x play in that regard. It has the fingerprint sensor and the snapdragon 617 is 10-20% faster in various benchmarks than the play's 615. It's certainly better, but not sure if worth upgrading from a x play. Perhaps if you sell the play then sure, since on tab it's only 360, the g plus.
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
IMO it's not an upgrade at all, more of a lateral movement

Sang-gye Buschmann

Well .... I guess I'll stick with X-play ... I am keen on battery life.

Point being is that my phone got lost while on its repair journey. They wiped my tab and gave me a new X-Play, but now I notice that they also put me back on $360, instead of the $207 that I had my tab down to .... I don't think that that was a good deal ... will have to re-negiotiate. After 2 weeks with a shitty loaner and what I believe to be at least 2.5 hours on the phone with customer service (45 minutes to talk to a person), I was totally wiped out and would have signed EVERYTHING just to get my hands on  a working phone. 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

That's not right you should not have had your tab reset to 360 for a replacement phone on warranty. The X play generally has goo battery life...Is that not the case with you?

Sang-gye Buschmann

Thanks, Goran, for the moral support. I'll need that tomorrow at the kiosk. "Goo" battery life?   you mean good?  Yeah, great battery life. I love it. Saved my butt more than once.  Camera is not all that great (better than my iphone 4s, though) and it is a bit clunky, but heh, somethings gotta give and at that price .... but what really sucks is that Koodo only offered it with 16 GIG .... that's hardly enough for anything and I've had a lot of issues with the SD card - hope it was the unit and that the new one is more cooperative.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Haha yeah typo. I don't mind the thickness...gotta fit that 3630mah battery somewheres. Yeah the SD card should work without issue and you can install it as internal memory so you have a lot more room for apps. The new one should be fine. Just be firm and polite and make sure that the tab problem is corrected.
Photo of Jay Why

Jay Why

• 1,994 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I believe the one koodo is selling has 3Gb of RAM. according to GSMarena, the specs are:
6 GB, 2 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
since the one on Koodos site has 32 Gb, I believe it has 3Gb of RAM.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,104 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
According to Motorola Canada, the specs for the 32 GB Moto G4 Plus show 2 GB of RAM:

http://www.motorola.ca/products/moto-...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.