Lumia 635 and/or Lumia 930!

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

It will be great if Koodo brings the Lumia 635 and/or the Lumia 930 to the Koodo network. Windows Phone 8.1 is a big upgrade over WP8 and I am very excited about these new phones!
Photo of coder123

coder123

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Alli Schultz

Alli Schultz

• 62 Points
Ditch BB, WP8.1 has way more potential.
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
While I agree with getting a higher end Windows phone in, they simply don't sell with Koodo.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There are very few phones that "sell themselves" to the general public. Actually, pretty much only the iPhones and Galaxy S models.

Now I'm not saying that WP would suddenly overtake Android/OS, but there have been very few regular users that have played around with my devices and said that they'd never use a WP. The most common response was "I thought WP couldn't do any of that".
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Very true statement that way, but unfortunately word of mouth goes both ways, and you've got people who have friends tell them the only phone worth getting is a galaxy or iPhone and they don't really know what they're getting they just trust their friends.

I know the only way to change this is for more people to use windows, its a double edge sword unfortunately.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
They've already stated they have no plans to sell any more Windows Phones, but I am in agreement with you. 8.1 is a massive upgrade and it brings it closer to parity, feature-wise, as BB 10, Android, and iOS. Now they just need better app development/support and they'll have a real winner because it's a very efficient OS. Any dual-core WP will be smoother and crash less than any low RAM, dual core Android excluding the Moto X so I'm very excited for the 930.

Now on the flip side of the coin, there are other ways to obtain your Windows Phones. Just ask our resident WP freak Ivan, he buys/sells/trades frequently. I actually ordered a Lumia 820 from eBay for about $130 all in (will have to unlock it since it's from AT&T). The other nice thing about WP versus Android is it's far less fragmented - the experience and software version is pretty much the same across most Windows 8 devices. I like having all of the tiles in one place with different size icons too.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hehe, currently own Lumia 928, 1020, and Icon.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If Telus carries the 930 I may get that in October when my spending limit clears

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.