Lumia 635 still available?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Is the Lumia 635 still being sold at Koodo Booths? I was at the Promenade Mall in North York and was told by the rep she didn't think they sell them anymore and were out of stock everywhere in the region?

I see I can order it online but I wanted to trade in my current phone at the booth.
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,022 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If it's on the website then it means they are still selling it.

Note that the Mobile Shop and Best Buy hav trade in programs too
Photo of Grover

Grover

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hey Daniel - we still carry it. The store you visited might just have stocked out over the weekend. I would give the location a call over the next couple of days and see if they have been replenished. There is no major stock issue on this device.
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks! I will give them (and probably a few other stores a call to check) :)
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I know Yorkdale is a higher end mall (I actually live in Richmond Hill so anything is better than Hillcrest lol) but I can see it being a big seller in that area considering it's an awesome budget phone. Still, it doesn't have the marketing or sales volume like Samsung phones do so they should have it. I don't understand why stores can't just order product in if it's not under allocation or a big release (Android flagships or iPhones).
Photo of Grover

Grover

Good plan! Unfortunately, our retail partners (Best Buy/Future Shop etc.) do not carry the 635 at this time. Checking out a few other Koodo stores would be your best bet.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Why is that? I've seen the Fido 635 for sale at my local BestBuy.
Photo of Ryancology

Ryancology

• 60 Points
Same question here, will your partners carry it in the future? They already do so for other carriers.
Photo of Grover

Grover

It's definitely a possibility. We will watch how it does in market carefully and work with our retail partners to identify whether there are any future opportunities that make sense for the both of us.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 186,618 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That is a fair and honest answer Grover.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.