Losing Business w/o my Blackberry

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

Backberry q5 is not functioning.Went to Mall Kiosk for replacement and was met by very unfriendly young man who was condescending about me even having a blackberry. I just want a functiong phone for the one you sold me. If you sold it, surely there is a way to replace it? Right? doesent blackberry, a Canadian company still exist? why would you not have a warranty contract with them? Thank You (full tab, need help)
Photo of kevin d hobbs

kevin d hobbs

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes Koodo does still honor the warranty on phones they sell, sorry you had an a hole rep. That stinks. You can always call into Koodo and arrange for warranty service as long as it hasn't been a year since your purchase.

What exactly isn't functioning on your Q5?
(Edited)
Photo of kevin d hobbs

kevin d hobbs

Thanks for your reply. It simply wont turn on, guessing exposure issue since I was pool side. my TAB is full,but Probably upgraded from my previous blackberry just over a year ago. Surely KOODO has some BLACKBERRY in a warehouse somewhere? I would be happy to pay for upgrade to Q10
Photo of RudyW

RudyW

• 21,890 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This is the only model i see on their website but for a $100 it's a decent deal. I used to have a 9320 it's a solid model. https://shop.koodomobile.com/certifie...
Photo of kevin d hobbs

kevin d hobbs

RudyW Thanks for posting!
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Unfortunatly koodo doesn't carry any bb at they moment. You may have luck checking out kijiji or buying direct from shop.blackberry.com

Right now a Z10 isn't that expensive nor is a Z30

For your Q5 have you tried another charger?
Photo of kevin d hobbs

kevin d hobbs

I only have the charger provided by KOODO when purchased. I have not had a charging issue leading up to the event. Can I send in my q5 and you can send it back repaired?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Sorry i dont work for Koodo so no. And koodo is just a middle man between yourself and bb

That being said, the charger that came with the Q5 can also be used to plug your phone into a USB port like those found on a computer

Try plugging it into one of those and see if it charges
(Edited)
Photo of kevin d hobbs

kevin d hobbs

Thanks Chad Burr, does Koodo employ any in house customer service? I have the same result when linking to my P.C. (Tried that first) . I appreciate the "cloud" approach to customer service, but does not seem to help resolve the core issue, the phone sold to me by my provider is not serviceable without switching to different platform. You just cant touch the browser in Blackberry 10 and the physical keyboard works best with my sausage fingers.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,060 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday: 9am - 7pml

Good luck and let me know what happens.
Photo of kevin d hobbs

kevin d hobbs

Thanks Chad Burr- It seems once the corporate tie is severed, the service also stops. My only recourse is to purchase 3rd party equipment and return to the Koodo store for activation. It's a sad day when a Canadian Telecom does not support a Canadian product, a stark reminder of the corporate world and their contract relationships. I guess I am looking for a new phone online, any suggestions for a reputable phone provider with Blackberry products?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,060 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Well I understand your frustration, koodo can only repair the phone via bb warranty service. If your warranty is over then bb won't pay for the repair.

Koodo is a service provider at the end of the day.

Shop.blackberry.com is the place to start

Koodo is reputable but just like every other carrier they must follow the warranty rules. If your car died a month after the warranty expired the dealer is no longer obligated to fix your car because the manufacturer won't pay them back for the repair

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.