LOCKED OUT

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I am locked out of my LG OPTIMUS BLACK phone , i forgot my pattern lock and need to sign in with my google account, everything is correct but it says that it isn't. the phone at the moment is not hooked up to any network as i cannot unlock and do not want to waste time and money on a sim card . Could the fact that it is not an active phone on a network be the reason why it wil not allow me unlock the phone?? help please , very frustrated
Photo of Crystal

Crystal

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Please see the answers in your other topic.
Photo of David

David

• 1,334 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
So the phone screen is not unlocking - is it asking you for a PUK code, this is what usually happens after you try to unlock the screen several times incorrectly

If it is asking you for this then Koodo has these codes and it just takes entering the code and your phone screen is unlocked

If it asked you for a PUK code and you misentered it several times (I believe it is a total of 10 attempts) then it is a matter of buying a new SIM card as the one that you have would have locked after numerous unsuccessful attempts

Can I ask you a question - why would you have a phone that is not hooked up to a network (other than you do not want to waste time and money on a SIM card)?
Photo of Amy Pickett

Amy Pickett

This is exactly what is happening to me today . . . .my touch screen was messed up and not working properly for me. In my many attempts to correctly use my pattern, a lock symbol appeared and stated "Too many pattern attempts", then has the 2 sections to sign in with my Google account ( username/email & password ). When I enter my info, a box appears that says "checking", but very quickly disappears and nothing happens. I have even double checked and re-set my password for my Google sign in info in case I had it wrong! To top it off, after a few attempts at entering this info, another screen pops up stating that I have entered my pattern wrong and will need to sign in with Google info . . . . OMG I am so very frustrated. I cannot do a thing!! If an incoming call comes, I can answer it, but that is it. I cannot get past this "lock up" screen whatsoever. this is my only phone also, no landline, . . . .:( PLEASE HELP!!!!! Phone is also an LG OPTIMUS . . . .I have been trying all day, shutting down phone reapeatedly, removing battery for extended periods hoping something will reset!! Lol

Amy
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you have the original optimus or the optimus black. The original optimus was black with red trim.

The only way to get into your phone now would be to do a factory reset. You'll loose any saved data in this process so be aware.

Remove the battery and reinsert it.

Turn the power off. Press and hold for over 10 seconds: Power key + Home Key + Down volume key. When the power turns on, release these key
(Edited)
Photo of Amy Pickett

Amy Pickett

when you say "saved data", do you mean my Contact List, downloads, pictures, . . .what exactly if you can answer
Photo of Amy Pickett

Amy Pickett

And I don't have red trim, so I must have the Optimus Black. Optimus L3 I think it is actually . .
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The optimus black and optimus l3 are two different devices.

Is your battery removable? If so the model number is located under the battery.

So here's the bad part. If you have the Optimus Black, there's no button combination to push to get the device into recovery mode. You'll need to hook this up to a computer and try using ADB to reset it. That may not be possible if Debug over USB isn't already set on the phone. If you can't remember your password and your network data is off then you may need to Get a new device.

Edit:To get into Recovery mode :
Press and hold Volume down + Home key
then press and hold the above combination and also press and hold power button for a while

As far as what you loose in a factory reset. Anything that's not backed up or synced will be lost.
(Edited)
Photo of Amy Pickett

Amy Pickett

I did these instructions to "get into recovery mode", and nothing has changed. Power off first or on? I tried both ways. Brings me right back to screen that asks for Google account and password. Still denying my info. Not fun.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.