Lock screen pop up message on Samsung Galaxy S2X

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
HI, I was just wondering if Lock screen pop up message on Samsung Galaxy S2X is an option that I can enable on my phone? It's annoying to have to unlock it every time I want to see the message. You know, the way it is on iPhones... the box pops up on the lock screen. Can I get that on my Samsung Galaxy S2X, or am I just out of luck?
Photo of Ardwinna

Ardwinna

• 646 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Get it solved !

Get it solved !

• 4,044 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
i'am not sure if the option is availaible on the Samsung GSII, but if it is like other phones you should find the option under SMS > settings > Notification preview.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 139,982 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
to access the sms settings page, tap the messaging app, then tap the menu button at the bottom left hand corner of the phone. choose the option that says settings.
Photo of Ardwinna

Ardwinna

I still don't see any SMS option. Seriously.. Once I'm in settings there's no 'texting options' whatsoever.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 139,982 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
From the main screen of the phone, tap the messaging app. This opens the main messaging screen which displays all of your conversations. From this screen, tap the menu button on the phone. It's located in the lower left hand corner and looks like a half sheet of paper with two lines on it. from the pop-up menu that appears, choose settings. This is the SMS settings page.
Photo of Ardwinna

Ardwinna

Haha you know, I thought that's what you meant, but I was in a conversation when I tried, and hadn't thought to go back a step.

Anyway, I don't seem to have that option anywhere. :( I"m sad.
Photo of Get it solved !

Get it solved !

• 4,044 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for you :-)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I don't believe the Samsung app has this option. Go to the play store and grab either Chomp SMS or Handcent SMS. Both of these apps have the option to display your message in a box over the lock screen. Remember to disable notifications from the built in messaging app so you won't get double notifications.
Photo of Ardwinna

Ardwinna

You're right. Chomp SMS is a way nicer app. :)
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,458 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
On top of your screen you should see an "i" inside square, click on it manually to see if you got SMS notifications and like Chad/GIS all samsung phones have SMS notifications.
Photo of Ardwinna

Ardwinna

No, I don't have that, and no, that's nto an option for this particular samsung.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And that wouldn't accomplish what we are trying to do here. Op wants a pop up on lockscreen.
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,458 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I understand, you want it to be like on iPHONE, in this case Samsung got beaten on this by Apple!
Photo of John Burke

John Burke, Mobile Master

• 71,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Try LockerPro Lockscreen from the Google Play Store. It pretty accurately replicates the iOS 6 Lockscreen.
If you want the iOS pop-ups the same Dev has several Apps that do that too.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.