Local calls with the 011 code in front of the local number

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
We recently got a Samsung A8 phone and a new plan we now see local calls from people we know with the 011 code in front of the local number. We have a voip landline that forwards numbers to our cell phone also. We are not making or receiving overseas calls when this occurs? any one know why? didn't do it with the old LG phone or plan
Photo of Chrisnchar CC

Chrisnchar CC

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 38,132 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Chrisnchar,
Are those "011" number are numbers forwarded from the voip provider?
Photo of GloriaJean

GloriaJean

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I do not want another phone-or ANYTHING else! Leave e alone!!!
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,830 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Dinh didnt say anything about getting you a phone and you had no previous replies on this so I'm not sure why you are asking him to leave you alone.
Is there anything we can help you with?
Photo of Chrisnchar CC

Chrisnchar CC

I don't believe so as they didn't happen with the old plan we had two weeks ago however the number is correct on the home voip phone it is just the mobile that has the 011 in front
Photo of Chrisnchar CC

Chrisnchar CC

I checked with our Voip carrier they claim they have no control over the number that is forwarded to the cell phone from our Voip number which shows correct
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 38,132 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Are they using a number from a voip carrier to call you? I could use my Koodo phone to dial a Canadian number with the prefix 011 1 + number though.

However, I would double check with the owner of the number and see which carriers are they using. Also, I would suggest you don't using the 0111 number to call them back, use your saved contact normally.
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 18,028 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Another thread from long ago on this. It might provide some insight on why its happening.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/incoming_calls_suddenly_have_a_011_in_front_of_them_n...
Photo of Chrisnchar CC

Chrisnchar CC

Thanks for all the information I did read the thread and I get the telemarketing thing but these are family numbers that have been calling us on the other phone no problem..so strange. We do use the appropriate number (local when calling people back). I will keep digging somewhere there has to be an explanation I am sure it is Koodo but need to get someone who has cured this issue.

Thanks so much for responding