LG-P500h Optimus compatible with koodo?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I was looking for a phone online and came across someone selling their LG-P500 Optimus One and was wondering if it's compatible with koodo or if I need to get it unlocked. The person selling the phone isn't sure if it's unlocked so my next question is if I do need to unlock it would it cost me anything? Thanks!
Photo of Candice

Candice

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,580 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If it's not a Koodo phone and hasn't been unlocked then yes you would need it unlocked. You can go online to an unlocking service like gsm liberty and it will cost you like $10-$20 or so. If you have a friend or family member with Koodo just borrow their SIM Card when you go to see the phone and just pop it in the phone if it works then there you go.
Photo of samsvoc

samsvoc

• 7,686 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Better yet, go with cellunlocker, you'll have your code within 2 to 5 minutes and it only costs $7.99. I've used this site a few time myself. I don't think this phone will work with Koodo. It looks like a aws/gsm phone.

http://www.cellunlocker.net
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,072 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Candice... You can always double check if your phone will work with Koodo here:

http://koodomobile.com/en/qc/switch2k...

Another website you may use in case you need to unlock is gsmliberty.net, I used this website twice and the code is delivered within minutes... And if you record a video unlocking your phone and post it on youtube, they will reimburse you 100% of what you paid, so that will be a free unlock code... Good luck...
Photo of samsvoc

samsvoc

• 7,686 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Kid already mentioned gsm liberty.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,560 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
;-)
Photo of Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix

• 15,752 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
gsmliberty.net
Photo of Ollistopheles

Ollistopheles

• 824 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This phone will work with Koodo as it was one that they carried about 2 years back (I still have it). So it will work on the network provided it is unlocked, as these fine fellows have stated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.