LG V20 H915 No LTE

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I recently changed from Videotron to Koodo and kept my LG V20, version H915, which should be compatible with the 1700/2100 MHz LTE band. My model is compatible with the Band 66 however. I'm not sure if it's compatible with the LTE band of Koodo. Does anyone know this?

I've already set up my APN with the Koodo support team and all that. The only other reason would be that my version of the LG V20 is not compatible. If it's the case, which band version does Koodo use and is there a version of the V20 that supports it? If not, is there another phone with a powerful DAC (Digital-to-Audio Converter) which is compatible with the Koodo LTE connection? The reason why I don't just get a new phone is mainly because I need a powerful DAC and from what I know, the V20 has the most powerful DAC out of any phone (The European G6 has the same DAC)

Thank you very much
Photo of Alexis Robert-Croteau

Alexis Robert-Croteau

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Annoyed

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 42,336 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alexis,
I think your V20 model is compatible with Koodo,https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/vVVRj/lg-h910-v20-lte-a-h915 as koodo use 3G 850/1900 for talk and LTE band 4 mainly (there are several other LTE bands depending on your location)

About  the DAC, I believe the current Koodo LG V30 could satisfy your need. The Koodo G6 is a North American model, so no Quad DAC unfortunately.
(Edited)
Yes, I am sure that I was with Videotron, especially since Freedom Mobile isn't in Quebec.

I've tried to reset the network settings, set up the APN again and it's still not working. 

As for the site you linked me to, it does not have the V20 so, sadly, I can't check if it's compatible. Same with the G6

I think I'll simply get a new plan with no data for now.

Denis, yes, everything else works flawlessly 
(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,890 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
In self serve is there a data block enabled on your add-ons?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

I would suggest you visit a Koodo store and ask the agent to double check for you. Data should be available even on 3G. Have you checked if there was a data block add-on in your account and the mobile data was enabled?
Dennis, I do not see any add-ons in the add-on section so, I'm guessing I do not.

Azure, I will check tomorrow for sure, and if they can't figure out why it won't work, I'll simply change my plan. Thanks again for the help!
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

Good luck, let us know if you resolve problem tommorow, cheers