LG phone model LP-500H won't connect to computer

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
My LG phone isn't recognized by my computer anymore - can't sync on google or transfer pics etc. Android version 2.2.1 Any ideas other than upgrade?
Photo of Marcie Erickson

Marcie Erickson

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,220 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try connecting to a different USB port on your computer if you haven't already.
Photo of Marcie Erickson

Marcie Erickson

Thanks Paul for the answer. I should have posted have tried different USB ports and also different cables. Any other suggestions?
Photo of Kakarot

Kakarot

• 1,194 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Under the settings in the phone their might be an option to put the phone in usb/mass storage mode if their is try turning it on while plugged into the computer.
Photo of Marcie Erickson

Marcie Erickson

Thanks! I managed to get it connected so will have to experiment a bit :)
Photo of Kakarot

Kakarot

• 1,194 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
always happy to help :) what method did you end up using to get it too connect?
Photo of Marcie Erickson

Marcie Erickson

I had to do the mass storage in order for it to connect, but then I can't do anything else with the phone - including not being able to find the pics I was going to transfer from phone to the computer. I am failing the techie war as it goes to fast!
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,228 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
(Assuming that you're running a Windows PC), reconnect your phone to your computer via USB cable. Wait a few seconds for the 'Autoplay' window to appear on your computer. Select 'Open device to view files'. You should see one or possibly two storage locations or 'drives'.

The first drive is usually the phones' Internal Storage and may be labelled as such. If you don't have a memory or microSD card installed, you will only see one drive. Double-click the drive icon to open it and look for a DCIM or 100MEDIA folder, double-click the folder(s) to open.

If a microSD or memory card is installed, it will show up as a second drive and may be labelled SD Card or External and your photos could be stored here. Double-click the drive icon to open it and look for a DCIM or 100MEDIA folder, double-click the folder(s) to open.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.