lg g5

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Hi, I purchased the LG G5 barely 1 month ago. Battery problems started right away. I had to be careful about not letting the battery completely run off because it had trouble starting afterwards. I already took it to Koodo and they sent it for repair once because it wasn`t turning on anymore. They said LG replaced the battery. Right now, after 1 week since that, my phone isn`t starting again. Can I exchange the phone? Or the only option I have is to send it to repair again?
Photo of Diana Cijov

Diana Cijov

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,212 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
After 15 days your only option is to send in for repair.
Photo of Diana Cijov

Diana Cijov

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don`t want the screen replaced or anything. I only want the phone functional. I can still send it to repair for the battery, right?
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,726 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Took this right from the LG website for you:
"Once the LG unit is out of the 1st year Warranty, is a refurbished unit, has non warrantable issues such as dents scratches, cracks do to misuse, or has been resold (2nd owner), you (the customer) are responsible for the cost of the entire repair including Parts, Labour and mileage (if the servicer requires)."
Photo of Diana Cijov

Diana Cijov

Once it is out of the 1st year warranty...which is not the case. 
Photo of Diana Cijov

Diana Cijov

When I sent it the first time for repair it had no crack whatsoever. It was the same battery issue that I have right now...
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,726 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I believe youre reading that wrong. It should be read as: Once outside the 1 year warranty OR is a refurbished unit OR etc.
And exactly. They will probably say "It was working fine when we fixed it and now that you have a crack in the screen it probably broke something else too"
But, then again, we are all assuming and don't know what LG will say so it's besy to contact them ans see what they are willing to do for you. Best of luck! :)
(Edited)
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,546 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
One thing too. When the Koodo rep initiates the repair process, there is a question that asks if there is any physical or water damage, once that is clicked "yes," it will ask for a deposit. I believe that is around $225. That is not really the store can control, if it was clicked "no," you will "probably" get a quote in your email once the repair centre receives your phone.

If you want to avoid LG repair service fee, and since the battery for the LG G5 is removable, you can try to contact LG directly and ask for a replacement battery.

Honestly, bring your phone to a Koodo Shop and see what they say. We're only letting you know what is the likely outcome. Is it a big crack? Or does it look more like a deep scratch?
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,212 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You should if you say that's all you want done.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is a 90 guarantee on the warranty repair work.  This is noted on your repair paper work
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 89,410 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
However, the incident that caused the screen to crack, may also have damaged the device internally, leading to the issue you see today.
Photo of Diana Cijov

Diana Cijov

lol no. I had the same battery issue 1 week ago when I sent it for the first time for repair. What are the odds that a little crack is the issue when I had the same one before the crack? 
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,858 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello Diana,

Your argument makes sense. You will just have to insist a little more in order to convince them that the crack is not the issue.