LG G3 (D852) Android 6.0 Update?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I've seen at least one stock rom for the LG G3 phone on XDA but it was for the D855 variant so I was wondering if Koodo/Telus has released a build of the rom for my variant.
I'm currently running CM 13 nightlies to see what it's all about and I was most excited for the battery saving opportunity but CM 13 uses more battery than before and isn't without bugs.

If there is a rom anywhere could I grab a link? 

Thanks again.
Photo of Evan Burgess

Evan Burgess

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jason Whalen

Jason Whalen

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My battery life sucks too i charge it twice a day or more it dyes so fast
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,110 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you have terrible battery life just buy a second battery and swap it out when it dies, that's the beauty of having a removable battery. Problem solved with no chance of possibly bricking your phone or issues running unofficial software.
Photo of Joshawa Mckinnon

Joshawa Mckinnon

• 72 Points
Cm13 nightly for the LG G3 d852 is prerrt dam stable! And its getting updates strait from devices trees the last week or so. I have been using it for almost 2 months now.
Photo of Evan Burgess

Evan Burgess

Ehhh, it's gotten better. There are CPU temperature issues, WiFi issues, battery issues and more currently. But that's what we get for not having a lot of maintainers.
I'd just like to go to stock for a bit until 13 becomes a little more stable. I've been chatting in the subforum for our phone on the CM forums.
(Edited)
Photo of Cody Wats

Cody Wats

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What theme are you using?
Photo of Joshawa Mckinnon

Joshawa Mckinnon

• 72 Points
I beleive that was stock in the screen shot above. But a good one if you like darker themes is the "Deep Darkness Theme" in the playstore
Photo of Evan Burgess

Evan Burgess

If I recall correctly I was using Gem Emerald (https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...) really not the best CM13 theme but it is great for CM12.
Photo of Scott L.

Scott L.

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have an LG G3 from Telus ( Software version D85220j ) and want to upgrade to Marshmallow to get the benefits of better application permissions control!  

How do I find out when the custom rom is ready? Will it be automatically pushed out to my phone  or do I need to take some extra steps?
Photo of Evan Burgess

Evan Burgess

Really depends on what you are running. If you're running stock Lollipop, you'll get a notification when the update is released and you'll be able to update via OTA.
I'm running a custom ROM so I won't get that notification, that's why I created this thread mostly.
Photo of Evan Burgess

Evan Burgess

http://forum.telus.com/articles/53566/mobility/software-update-schedule
Telus is rolling out their version of Marshmallow for the G3 on March 14th, so I assume Koodo will have a similar update schedule? (hope)
Photo of merrillxyz

merrillxyz

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hoping the same. Thanks for posting!