late fee question

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

i was wondering if there is any way to push my late fee due date because i recently lost my job and am now waiting for a call back to a new job so i cannot afford for my services to be cut off?
Photo of hong nan

hong nan

• 70 Points
  • concerned

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,084 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can contact koodo to arrange payment at a later date to prevent services from being cut off, but with any late payment, a late fee will unfortunately apply.
Photo of Not Jean-Pierre Blais

Not Jean-Pierre Blais

• 2,040 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Payment arrangements are not always needed. Check the first page of the bill after the late one. If the text at the bottom starts with "Did you forget your payment?" you need to deal with that quickly. If it starts with "We haven't received your payment yet." it will tell you the date (about 30, 60, or 90 days from the due date, depending on your account history) on which your service will be disconnected if you don't pay. Either way, if you don't pay within 30 days of the due date, it will be reported to your credit file as 30-59 days or 60-89 days late, or you get to the really dangerous 90+ days zone.

Note that in most cases, they have to give 14 days AND 24 hours notice before disconnection, otherwise it's a breach of The Wireless Code, and it should be sent to the CCTS.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.