Koodo Tab inquiry

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I emailed koodo quite a while back and was told I would get a response within 24-48 hours I guess this wasn't the case because I still have not received any email response back from them.

I have decided to ask my question here as I feel the community might be able to help.

I had logged in the other day and seen the options of purchasing a new phone with all the tabs being offered. I ended up taking so long to make a decision that my session had expired. I logged back in and started looking for phones and this time only the medium and small tab were being offered. Once again my session expired, so I logged in once more. Now this time only small tabs were being allowed. All of this within a few hour span. I had no clue what was going on. I have logged in over the past two days and I can only choose from a small and medium tab now. Pretty much not worth it for me at this point.

Was just wondering if something like this has happened to anyone else? 
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 46,242 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Richard,
What plan are you on now? BYOD? what phone did you look at? some phone was offered only at Tab small only. It would be hard to know exactly what happened from a generic description.
(Edited)
Photo of Richard

Richard

I am on the $60/10GB BYOD plan from Christmas. I looked at every single phone. All of them were previously allowing the XL and Large tab. Now its just the small and medium, on every phone. 
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 46,138 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
eh, if you got that plan from last Christmas, that plan wasn't eligible for any Tab at all. There was a new plan (targeted offer to certain customers) recently allowing another similar offer to have a phone on Tab Medium.
Photo of Richard

Richard

Weird. I heard word that a ton of people are able to get tabs now on the same plan. In fact adding a phone to cart allows me to take it all the way to the payment screen.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

Can you add the phone and then add the plan when you checked out? If possible could you post a snapshot of it (delete all information before posting please).

If you could do it yourself, then it might be some glitch somewhere. As far as I know, that plan was strictly a BYOD plan. You could try to contact Koodo directly to ask about eligibility. (I would suggest you send message to their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) to avoid the wait on phone)
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 24,786 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Even though its a BYOD plan and doesnt allow you to get a tab that isnt why you arent seeing tab large or xtra large plans. If you wanted to buy a phone you should still see tab large and extra and then just pick a new plan. That also doesnt explain why you can see medium and small tab plans. 

I also have the same plan as you. I also can get right to check out(never used to be able to). I didnt want to go any further as it wanted to confirm my address and I didnt know if that would complete order. Very strange.
Photo of Richard

Richard

Just curious, on STEP 2. Before it says "Finish" where I enter my payment options will it charge me right then and there or will it only charge me after I have finished the third step, what ever that may be? Just curious as I am going through the process to take a picture for you.
Photo of Mats

Mats

You should only be charged once all steps have been completed. I'm thinking it will somewhere cancel the order(before its completed) since your plan is ineligible but who knows. Maybe what you heard is right and these plans are somehow getting tabs.
Photo of Richard

Richard

This is as far as I am willing to go, I fear if I click agree and then place order it will charge me.

This is basically the last screen after confirming the shipping address and putting in my credit card information.

https://imgur.com/a/YUCDLXF
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

@Richard: in the snapshot, the total amount was strange. Normally it would show the Tab amount + monthly plan fee. In your case, that should be 60+15+tax.

Have you added the plan to the Cart also with the phone?
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

Well it certainly looks like it would work. If you want a phone, I wouldnt worry about not seeing tab large. The minimum tab large plan is now $80 so if you're able to order a phone your $60-10GB doesnt qualify for tab large. Stick with tab medium as it is a way better deal in the long run over 2 years if you do the math.
Photo of Mats

Mats

@Dinh I was wondering about that as well. I figured it should show the monthly fee too. When I went through order process it showed the same as his pic. What does it show if you were to go through order process?
(Edited)
Photo of Richard

Richard

@Dinh @Mats it shows up on the screen before where I add the $60 plan before the shipping address confirmation + payment. I just read on RFD's that people that are on the $60/10GB are getting the G6 for $0 offer and having payment go through + having the phone delivered. 

I guess you are right, that a medium tab is probably better in the long run. I was just hoping to get more off upfront and then pay the tab off completely a few months down the road. 
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

@Mats: i did check with my current plan/Tab. As I mentioned, $40(my plan)+15+tax = 61.6 (due monthly). Because I had a current Tab, the next button said "Pay Tab balance".

@Richard: I would be careful with RFD. People can post anything there. As I recalled, some people also said they could not do it on RFD.
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

@Richard yes i saw same screen where it showed plan as well. At the end it didnt though. The order process could go through and RFD users could be right. I have no way of knowing without trying to complete order which im not willing to do since I dont want a phone. When I tried this before I could never get past the picking a plan part.

@Dinh Neither Richard or I have a tab. I didnt know you had one. Was more curious to see, if someone who didnt have a tab, go through the order process. Then see if at the end it only shows tab payment and not tab and plan payment. Since we both have BYOD plan that arent eligible for a tab, I wouldnt be surprised if somehow the order doesnt go through.
Photo of srlawren

srlawren

• 5,788 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
@Richard I don't believe the $60 10GB BYOB plan from last December is eligible for tabs of any size.
Photo of srlawren

srlawren

• 5,788 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
@Richard I don't believe the $60 10GB BYOB plan from last December is eligible for tabs of any size.
Photo of Mats

Mats

@srlawren yes we know that. Have you read the whole thread?
Photo of Mats

Mats

@srlawren yes we know that. Have you read the whole thread?