Koodo Tab Balance. Can I use this towards my bill?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mentions

Hey interwebs peeps. I just checked my Koodo self serve and was clicking around and noticed I have a tab surplus of 95 dollars. I was under the assumption and sold on the premise that the percentage that is put towards tab for my phone would be taken off my bill once the phone is payed off. This isn't the case apparently and now I have accumulated some money.. I guess for a new phone. That said.. I typically buy my phones out right and currently don't see myself using tab for my next phone. 

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to put this towards my bill? since it's money that was added to my bill as "Tab" once my phone was payed off on the assumption I was going to buy another phone on tab.
Photo of Koodo Mc PhoneFace

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,422 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello Pudgey,

Although I understand your concern, it is not possible to put it towards bill credit.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,070 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Accumulated tab was made by Koodo's contribution, so Positive Tab can be used only towards to a new phone.

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

What? So they keep my tab still going and I pay into it.. How is that Koodos contribution sorry? It's a tab I payed into and once I payed off my phone I continued paying the tab. Koodo didn't start giving me money for a new phone.. I just continued to pay into my tab. 

An example.. a bank gives you loan.. you pay it off.. You don't continue paying it off on the premise you can accumulate more money towards another loan.
(Edited)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

Because once your tab reached at Zero, then Tab charge will drop. You won't pay into it.

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

I have been paying the same amount for awhile now or that I am aware of anyway. I was never notified about a drop in my bill. How would I check my billing history. Self Serve only shows 3 months conveniently. 
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

How much was your Tab charge?

Say, if you have $30 plan and your Tab charge was $5/mo.  = $35/mo.
Once you paid off your phone/Tab, $5/mo tab charge will be removed and you just pay for your plan $30/mo.

If you check E-bill (PDF) through self serve, you can check your bill for last 18 months.
(Edited)

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

On October 15th 2015 it was the same.  With tax it's 62 something. 
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You are still on one of the older plans or had a positive tab balance when you switched to a more modern plan. That percentage wasn't taken from your piggy bank, koodo was paying that part.

If you're still on that old plan, your tab will continue to accrue up to +150$!

If you're not on that plan anymore then your tab will sit at its current level.

Tab balances have no cash value and can only be used toward phone purchases.

Hope this helps.

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

I would love to say it does. But it's cash I payed into the tab. So it doesn't make much sense to me.. I feel like I am being ripped out of 95 bucks.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

How long have you been a koodo customer? What plan are you on?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Does the tab say -95$

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

Nope. Says $95, It's +95. If it said -95 I understand I would still owe that as tab is pretty much a loan. 
(Edited)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Yeah I'm just trying to figure this out too
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

What plan are you on
What tab level?

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

This plan CAN Data 1GB 1000+ min $50, with 5 dollar tab looking at a bill from October 15th
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,120 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Like Chad said, you were/are on an older (grandfathered) plan that no longer exists.  During the days of these plans, Koodo contributed the equivalent of 15% of your plan cost toward your tab up to a positive tab of $150.

If you want to switch to a new plan where Koodo no long does this and the Tab is factored out of your plan price, you can change yoyur plan on self serve.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,524 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You didn't pay anything of that amount of the positive tab, when your tab reaches zero you stop contributing to the tab and only Koodo's portion contours to accumulate in the positive tab. Your not being ripped off you can use that to purchase a new phone if you wish and that is all as the positive tab credits no cash value.

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

k. the 5 dollars for my tab I have still been paying into? 
Photo of Paul Deschamps

That dropped off when you reached $0 on the tab, the phone you purchased on the tab was now paid in full.
(Edited)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,066 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
But OP's plan is $50 AND he sees $5 tab charge on it still = $62 charge...

@Pudgey
Can you check your Ebill, Page 3.  This $5 can be some overage charge...?
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,502 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Pudgey - as the folks above have stated, a positive tab balance can only be used towards an upgrade for a new phone. It has no cash value.

You were on the classic tab system and were able to accumulate a positive balance of $95 as you point out. The positive balance is fully comprised of Koodo's contribution. If you look at your old bills, each month you paid a portion towards the tab, and so did Koodo. Once your tab balance was paid off (in Dec. 2015), you stopped paying towards the tab - since your phone balance was cleared - but Koodo continued to contribute to help you with the purchase of a phone in the future. 

As stated above, you can use this as a credit towards the purchase of a new phone through Koodo.. but it holds no value otherwise. 

Koodo Mc PhoneFace

I see I see. Alright. Thanks everyone for explaining it. The phone lads got me all confused. You guys cleared it up pretty well.

Thought I was still paying towards it. I was about to choke my cat. You saved a life today. 

Cheers Koodo Peeps. 
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Hey if I had money I thought ppl owed me I'd ask questions as well so no harm no foul, have a great day now that this is off your brain Pudgey

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.