Koodo Self Serve Credit Card Payment not working?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Is the Koodo Self Serve Credit Card Payment at koodomobile.com working? Koodo updated the website and since then I am not able to make a credit card payment. After clicking "confirm payment", Koodo would return a message like "cannot process payment" and prompt me to reenter the credit card info. This is the same VISA card that I've used with no problems on the old Koodo website, the credit card info has not changed, and I can use the credit card on other websites or retail purchases. Is there a problem with the Koodo website?
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Ben with the recent changes came new requirements for processing. Your address with your credit card company, must match that of what you have on file with Koodo. Surname also must match.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,618 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ben, has your address changed by any chance? I would like to look into this further, but would need your account info. Can you pls private message us on facebook mention my name? Thanks!
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Address/name, etc has not changed. The same VISA credit card worked previously. I will be in contact.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

I'm not saying it had changed, but if it didn't match before the changes and it worked, it won't work now. All I was suggesting is to verify that address and last name match with both the bank and Koodo.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
To explain further:

Recently, there has been a legal change requiring service providers to only accept credit card payment from cards that meet the following criteria:

1. Cardholder name must be an exact match to account holder name;
2. Address on file with service provider must be an exact match to your credit card billing address.

Here's a scenario where a card that previously worked no longer works:

1. You sign up with Koodo while living at address A.
2. You choose to receive your bill by email.
3. You've moved to address B, but didn't update your address with Koodo.
4. Your billing address is now address B, because you've informed your credit card provider.
5. You kept paying with this card because previously it didn't matter that your service address was address A while your billing address was address B.
6. Koodo was made to comply with new regulations and not the system rejects your payment attempt due to address mismatch.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

That all being said, I needed to pay my bill and thought I'd go through it and I am also unable to make a payment.

I'll bring this to Koodo's attention.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

Turns out there was a problem with my card when I talked to Koodo. I was advised to check with my financial institution. But before doing that, I tried again and it worked.
Photo of Victoria

Victoria

• 60 Points
Hi, I'm currently having the same issue. Have tried my card that worked successfully in the past as well as 2 others with no luck trying to pay this month. All cards are at the same billing address that is the same as on my file and under the same name.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

Have you tried making the credit card payment through 611? It's very simple and should work if your address and surname match what is with the bank and Koodo.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,992 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Victoria - are you able to share screen shots of the message you're getting, or provide details of the steps your going through and where things seem to halt. The online payment issues we were experiencing have been fixed, and you shouldn't be experiencing issues if the personal details (full name and address) of both your payment cards and your Koodo account match. If you can provide some more info. we'll look into this to see what might be the issue.

In the meantime, if you continue to run into this issue, as Chadwick mentioned, you should be able to pay using our IVR service. Please dial #123 and select option 3 for payment.
Photo of Jim Castellano

Jim Castellano

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is ridiculous...I'm a new Koodo customer and I'm having the same problem using a Canadian credit card.  I've tried Self Serve plus using both 611 and #123, and I still get the same answer  "Koodo does not recognize this credit card."  Now I'm waiting on the line for an answer.  :-(

This is becoming very time consuming...just trying to pay my bill.
Photo of Josie

Josie, Employee

• 4,028 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jim, your name and address on the credit card needs to match the name and address we have on file for you.  Did you change address perhaps and have not updated it with your bank?
Photo of Josie

Josie, Employee

• 4,028 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Jim, can you try this again? We looked into your account and not sure if you noticed when you logged in, there was a typo with your last name.  We had it as 'Casrellano' instead of 'Castellano'
(Edited)
Photo of Jim Castellano

Jim Castellano

I tried it again, and now it says this credit card is not accepted by KOODO.  It is a Canadian Visa Scene card that I want to use.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,402 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
When you dial #123 (from your mobile) and pick option 3 for payment Jim, does it work then? 

Also, just looking at your name in our systems. You have a middle initial registered. When you are trying to make the payment are you including that in the 'name' field? 
(Edited)
Photo of Jim Castellano

Jim Castellano

No, #123 doesn't work.  No, it does not ask for my name when I use #123. Do you accept a Visa Scene credit card?
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,402 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We have thousands of people last week who used their Visa Scene Card to make payments without any problem. That's why I'm thinking it's something to do with your info on our end and what the bank has on theirs. Seems like there is a mismatch somewhere and if the info doesn't match that could cause the problem.  
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

Call your bank and find out what you have registered on that card name and address wise. The last name and address must match what Koodo has exactly letter for letter or it will error out everytime. Best of luck.
Photo of Jim Castellano

Jim Castellano

Thank you.  I was very pleased with how your customer service dealt with this issue.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.