Koodo’s Send a Message service is no longer offered

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
According to https://www.koodomobile.com/send-a-message, "Koodo’s Send a Message service is no longer offered".  I'd be curious as to whether others find this a desirable service for testing purposes.
Photo of andymhancock

andymhancock

• 2,018 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Indeed Andy. We closed this down as very few people were using it since all of our newer plans include unlimited texting. There were spamming issues as well.
Photo of andymhancock

andymhancock

So sad.  Unlimited texting doesn't cover the ability to send messages to your own phone as a test (after one has been fiddling with various modes and profiles).  I even tried emailing my10digitNumber@msg.koodomobile.com in text-only format, but nothing has come through.  Kind of wondering if that service is gone too.  I didn't get an error notification message by email in response.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Actually you can text your own number.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I do it all the time, for reminders/notes.
Photo of andymhancock

andymhancock

Yes, I know.  I'd be much more confident in a test that doesn't require that I wake up the phone.  That's a more accurate reflection of the situation that I want to test.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,506 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
@msg.koodomobile.com gets sent as an mms message. @telus.com will go through as a regular sms message. As well, sending a text message from your phone to your own number will test both sending and receiving at the same time.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,356 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Since so few people were using this service, Koodo/Telus should have informed folks that using the @msg.telus.com link should be their alternative. There was a LOT of needless semi-hysterical vitriol when the lolder ink expired.
Photo of andymhancock

andymhancock

@Tima: I get what you're saying, but I'm not trying to test send and receive.  I'm testing for notification upon an incoming message when the phone has been dormant and is asleep. It seems to be failing.

@Bob: Thanks, I'll try that too.

@anyone: Why would signing into the forum using Google lead to a Get Satisfaction request for offline access to my Google account?
Photo of andymhancock

andymhancock

Very interesting.  The SMS message sent to @telus.com went through right away, and the notification bonged, and the blinking light started to blink.  The MMS message sent to @msg.koodomobile.com seems to be taking its darn sweet time getting to the phone.  Maybe it's not a notification issue after all.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,356 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Consider @msg.koodoxxxx dead and buried.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,506 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Works fine for me.
Photo of andymhancock

andymhancock

I'm finding that, despite what I said before, it still works.  But my phone doesn't present any notifications for the incoming MMS message.  If I open up the messaging app, I can see it, But no other indication of its presence.

Mind you, I don't actually click the download button beside the MMS message.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.