kodoo sucks

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

just signed up and sim card does not work, can message or call. is this why you service is cheap? because you dont actually do anything but collect cash?
Photo of Wesman S

Wesman S

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,522 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Does your phone say no sim card? Emergency calls only? No service? What phone? Is 3G service enabled? Have you tried pulling the sim card and power cycling the phone? If you manually search for networks, do any show up?
Photo of Wesman S

Wesman S

no my phone has a sim in it and shows that its in at the top of the screen. I'm in the middle of Edmonton so I would hope there would be service. ive tried restarting the phone, its brand new and unlocked. its a standard polaroid phone with buttons.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

What model of polaroid phone.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

If it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-A1BK-...
then it's a 2G only phone which would only be compatible with Rogers/Fido in Canada.
Photo of Wesman S

Wesman S

ya that looks like it, so your saying that this phone doesn't work for kodoo? do they have a list of phones that do work with their company, like how do you know which phone to buy?
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 91,466 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
They actually provide the information you need right here on their website. Or you can check  www.willmyphonework.net
(Edited)
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

In order to work with Koodo the phone must support 3G frequencies 850/1900. To get 4G service it must support LTE 1700/2100 as well.
You can use willmyphonework.net to check whether a given phone will be compatible with Koodo (or any number of other providers).
Photo of Wesman S

Wesman S

thank you for your help, all my friends think I'm nuts for not having a cell, but this is the reason why I didn't want to submit myself to hours and hours of aggravation

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.