Kies says SGH-T989 doest not support initialising

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,

so I want to upgrade the android software on my Samsung Galaxy SIIX and I have kies installed on my PC (windows 7). I connect the phone to the computer and it's all good until I click tools-->firmware upgrade and initialisation and I get this message saying: 'SGH-T989 doest not support initialising'.What am I doing wrong?
Photo of Ida Moosapour

Ida Moosapour

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of MykeC

MykeC

• 20,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Ida, I would recommend contacting Samsung for issues with doing software upgrades. Their number is 1-800-726-7864 :).
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Samsung Kies is just about the worst software package of all time. It's best to avoid it. Wait for the OTA (over-the-air) update.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,084 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The S2x isn't provisioned to receive OTA updates. The Jelly Bean 4.1 upgrade has yet to be released (should be soon though). When it is released, you'll have to connect to Kies in order to download the upgrade to your S2x.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Oh that sucks a lot.
Photo of Ida Moosapour

Ida Moosapour

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So the reason why I can't update it is because there is no update available yet?
Photo of RedMageX

RedMageX

• 2,908 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Exactly
Photo of RedMageX

RedMageX

• 2,908 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
The Samsung Galaxy S2X (SGH-T989 Hercules) doesn't have a "check for updates" option in the settings menu. It needs to be done over Kies. Problem is, the update to Jellybean hasn't been released, and won't be for a while. If you want to know when it's released, follow the link below!

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/So...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.