Keys on alcatel a392a not working so well anymore

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have to hit some keys many times before they type the right character.  I used to be able to text without checking for spelling, but not since this problem arose.  This is the first phone I've used for texting.  Do people usually get this problem repaired, or do they usually buy a new phone?  I suppose it depends on what's available repair-wise and in one's budget, replacement phone -wise.  Can this problem be fixed by me, by any chance?  Can the keys be removed easily to dust underneath, like with a laptop?
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

• 790 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,372 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello

When did you purchase the phone? Are you still under the 1 year warranty?
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

I bought it in October of last year.  I don't have the receipt, and I seem to remember something about no return or exchange being allowed if the phone was used for more than an hour, or something like that.  I might be wrong about that, but in any case, I don't have the receipt.
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey! What's great about the Alcatel is that it comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty (instead of 1!) You'll be able to send off your phone in repair, as long as there's no physical/water damage. Here's more info about the warranty http://koo.do/Kwarranty (you'll see in small caracters at the bottom of the page that Alcatel is 2 years) .Let us know if it helps! 
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

I don't have proof of purchase.
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,528 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Even without the proof of purchase, you should try to visit a Koodo store nearby. They will look into it for you. For sending out the phone for repair, indeed, you will need the proof of purchase.

Thanks
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,828 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@Nabil: Even if the phone is purchased from Koodo directly?
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,528 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Indeed Mathieu :-). At the store, they "theoretically" need the proof of purchase (click on this link: http://koo.do/Kwarranty, section "More than 15 days after purchase"). This is the reason why I was saying "you should try to visit a Koodo store" ;-).

Thanks
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

I bought it from Best Buy, not Koodo.  But I will take your advice and contact them.  Thanks.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.