Keep number when i am overseas

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I wanna leave the country for 1 year i have $30 plan and i want keep my number .what can i do?
Photo of Maryam Ehyaee

Maryam Ehyaee

  • 0 Points

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

  • 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo does offer a suspend account option but it's 15$ per month.

Another way would be to port your number to prepaid where it would only cost 15$ every 90 days. Then when you get back, Port your number back to a postpaid account

If you have access to a voip service you could also port your number over to here.
Photo of BobTheElectrician


  • 67,712 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Chad has the right idea. Flipping to prepaid keeps everything in the cell family if that's what you want to do.

Porting your number over to a VoIP provider may give you even better options. CallCentric or similar will cost about $3 a month with pay-per-use traffic at pennies a call, and your current calls can be forwarded to your new number easily, depending on where you are going to be located. Free Voicemail option available on VoIP as well.

I give out only my CallCentric number, then forward to Cdn cell, US cel or landline (controlled over the internet) as I please.

Worth investigating.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.