Just set-up a plan online may 19th 2018 so today. Just curious when will I expect my first bill. Will it be this month or next?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Just set-up a plan online may 19th 2018 so today. Expected to receive sim in 3-5 days. Just curious when will I expect my first bill. Will it be this month or next? So I still have to pay my old carrier bill for may so I was just curious if my first bill will be June or still this month.
Photo of Alex Paschenko

Alex Paschenko

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • unsure.

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 46,106 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alex,
Charges on the 1st bill is explained herehttps://www.koodomobile.com/help/char...
The first bill is showed online after your 1st billing cycle starts. So you would see the bill about 5-10 days in your selfserve.
If you order online. The sim is likely activated with a temporary number. You would have to port your number in selfserve.
Photo of Alex Paschenko

Alex Paschenko

I kept my number from my previous service. So does that change anything.

Also will I be billed if I am not yet on their network? Nor have I received my set up tools yet? Don't have access to my account yet either to see my billing. Thanks and sorry if I sound confusing. First time koodo user. AP
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,652 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As I mentioned earlier, the Koodo SIM is likely activated with a temporary number. You will have to go into Koodo selfseve and port the existing number into Koodo. Once porting in, your contract with other carrier will be terminated. They will send you a final bill.

Koodo will send you an activation email. Please dont try to create an account in Koodo before you receive that email. There will be a link in the email for you.
(Edited)
Photo of Alex Paschenko

Alex Paschenko

Sorry if I'm being stupid. But I have not received my sim yet nor have access to self serve. So are these instructions for when I do recieve my sim? Thanks. AP
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,652 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
They will send you an activation email with helps. Dont do anything before you receive that email.

Hope that one (2) sentence is more helpful than a paragraph before :)
(Edited)
Photo of Alex Paschenko

Alex Paschenko

Thank you!! Trust me you made clear sense. I was just having a brain fart lol. Being sick does that to me. Happy posting. Thanks again. AP! :)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 100,612 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Only once your account is activated are you billed.
Photo of Alex Paschenko

Alex Paschenko

Thank you!! Been searching forever for that simple answer. You sir truly are the mobile master :)