i've got a free trio sim along with new lg g6 phone .. nothing shows after put in sim slot .. why .. than what;s it for ...

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
i'm koodo customer with an upgrade lg g6 phone , phone came with free trio sim , after put in sim slot ... nothing happen ... why .   also can i use it as expand memory in slot.
Photo of David Fun

David Fun

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 100,612 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unless you had your Sims swapped then your account is still linked to your old sim card. You can just put that one in and you'll be good to go. Also yes it comes with a microSD slot so you can use a microSD card to expand storage.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 46,106 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi David,
You should try Goran suggestion. if your current SIM didn't fit the nano SIM slot of the LG G6, then you need to contact Koodo to change the SIM to the new Trio SIM. If everything is ok, you can keep the trioSIM as a backup.

The LG G6 in North America is a single SIM + microSD version, not the dual SIM variance.
(Edited)
Photo of David Fun

David Fun

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
thanks for the replies  .. yes , i use my old sim ... account still linked... but what makes me wounder is ... phone shown nothing after i put in the new trio sim .
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,042 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
David,
The trioSIM hasn't been activated, and linked to nothing.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 69,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
SIM is like your banking ATM card. It identifies you with the appropriate provider. Unless the central activates it, it's just another piece of plastic.