• Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Received a text from 5140 is it spam. Looks like a photo msg did not open it
Photo of Colin and Nicole Peever

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well if it's not an actual TEXT message, it's not from Koodo. Open the message and see what it is. Why haven't you opened it? If you're thinking that's how you get viruses, that's not how it works on phones lol:P
Its asking for me to doownload the photo and if its inappropriate I dont want to open it. Just wondered if anyone rec'd this before..
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's definitely not from Koodo then if a picture was sent with the message
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 7,814 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
May not be able to open it if you have a data block on the line, or do not have data enabled on your phone.

Most pictures messages that are sent just automatically open - if you have data.

Did you check and see if that number is a number that contacts you or your family - because as Ahmad said, if it is a pic message (MMS) it would not have come from Koodo.

If you are not sure of who it is from, you could always reply (before you open the mms), and nicely ask them who they are or who they are trying to reach - if they then say that they are trying to reach you, or you know the name of who it is from, then you can determine if you want to open the message.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 7,814 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Whenever somebody contacts me (and their name is not listed in my contacts) so the number just appears I usually ask them who they are trying to contact first, and if they come up with my name then I ask who it is.

If they dont have my name then I just tell them that they are calling the wrong number as there is nobody here by that name - this way you are pleasant, and you do not identify yourself.
Photo of Bunnya69

Bunnya69

• 60 Points
I received the very same type of message today and it was purported to be a text from Koodo. It contained the following (attached picture):

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.