• Answered
Photo of Ankur Gupta

Ankur Gupta

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yep that's a toll free number that came into service about 3 years ago :)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 111,294 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It is a toll free. But if you call toll free number, it still uses your airtime minutes unless you have unlimited minutes.
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Well, since toll free numbers existed, they have ALWAYS covered long distance and never covered any airtime.
Photo of RedMageX

• 2,908 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yes, especially since if you have already used up your monthly minutes, you are then being charged for airtime...thus no longer making it "Toll-Free"
Photo of Myke

• 45,100 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It's "toll free" in that there is no Long Distance charge. That has nothing to do with airtime overages of your rate plan. Nor has "Toll Free" ever meant that your airtime isn't charged. A toll free number has no idea what your rate plan is or even what type of service you're calling from.
Photo of Ankur Gupta

Ankur Gupta

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Let's agree to disagree, please have a look at
Photo of Kevin45

• 70 Points
Yeah, that's toll free number. I didn't know but such numbers have 800 codes as well. I’m as the user of such numbers can confirm its flexibility in use. I have online shop offering several technical equipment so having multichannel virtual number helps to make your number not so busy and easy accessible for clients. I got many clients (because they don’t have to pay for their calls), more profits for my business. Cheap services and flexibility impressed me. Here  I found more about toll free numbers, maybe you can get even more for you.