Is the Lumia 735 compatible with Koodo network?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hello,

I'm currently in France and I'm considering the Lumia 735 phone for my next purchase. I would buy it unlocked from Free Mobile.

I'd like to know if this device is compatible with the Koodo network. So far, I've seen the specifications of the Lumia 635 and I have compared them with the 735 and they seem to cover almost the same bands except for LTE: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/comp...

Since I know that the lumia 635 works on the koodo network, I'm basically asking this question just to be sure.
Photo of Alexandre C.-Hamelin

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Justin Robichaud

Justin Robichaud

• 5,002 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You'll definitely be able to use a Lumia 735 on the Koodo Network.

It will not work for the LTE band but you'll be just fine with 3G.
Photo of Curtis

Curtis

• 1,330 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hey Alexandre,

Checking the specs on both phones I see their 3G (UMTS) support is 850, 900, 2100 MHz. Our network runs on 3G bands 850 and 1900.

The phones are only partially compatible with our network (they will work in some areas, not in others) so it might be best to look at another phone.

Please keep in mind that our network doesn't include a 2G (GSM) service. 3G network bands might be listed as UMTS, WCDMA or HSPA, depending on the phone.

Good luck on your search for a new phone! :)

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Curtis, the 735 supports 3G 850/1900:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_7...
I just read that it is the RM-1039 that supports those bands.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

I'm not aware of any other RM version of the 735. One thing I've learned about Nokia/Microsoft is that the info on their sites isn't always accurate. But, their retail packaging always lists the correct bands. So, before you buy - check the packaging.
Thanks!
Reading your answer again I realised your were talking about both phones, but I have seen that you do offer the 635. Is the version that you offer a different version of the 635?
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

According to GSMArena, the 735 would work on Koodo.

Koodo sells the RM-975 version of the 635. If you bought a 635 in France, it would be an RM-974. The former would get limited coverage on Koodo as it's missing the 1900 3G band.

Additionally, have you considered the Lumia 830? That's my current phone.
I have actually, but I compared both and figured I didn't need the additional features the 830 has.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.