Is my Iphone locked to Koodo just by using a pre paid Koodo sim card for a month or is it unlocked?

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Unlocks are now free

Is my Iphone locked to Koodo just by using a pre paid Koodo sim card for a month or is it unlocked? My phone is a 5c. And I don't have the sim card anymore it was through out. And I don't have a phone number on my phone anymore. I need help ASAP!
Photo of Hayley Sutter

Hayley Sutter

• 70 Points
  • Concerned as I,am trying to sell it

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,478 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Hayley, if you purchased the phone from Koodo or any other carrier then it is locked to that carrier yes.

If you want to unlock it you have to be a koodo customer to have Koodo do it and it will be $50. Your other option for unlocking is a 3rd party website like Gsmliberty.com or Cellunlocker.Net but then your looking at around $100 or more for an unlock.
(Edited)
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you need a new phone number, all you have to do is buy another Koodo prepaid SIM, activate it and insert it in your phone. You can even use your old account and number with a new SIM card, but only if it is less than 90 days since it expired. If the phone is locked to Koodo, you can pay $50 to have your phone unlocked, if you wish.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.