Is it any way to set a reminder/send me sms/email when I'm over 100 minutes?

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
Hello! Please help! I have 100 Canada-wide anytime minutes according to my plan, and it's hard to follow how many of them I have already used. Is it any way to set a reminder/send me sms/email when I'm over these 100 minutes? Thank you!
Photo of Inna Kyrylenko

Inna Kyrylenko

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,400 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, this option is not available. You can check on your phone, or through self-serve to see how many minutes you have used. If you find you're frequently going over, possible a new plan with a higher limit would be a good choice.
Photo of Inna Kyrylenko

Inna Kyrylenko

How can I check it on my phone?
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 106,744 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Depends on the phone? What is the phone you have?
Photo of Inna Kyrylenko

Inna Kyrylenko

Samsung Galaxy A5
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,352 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you are using an entry level plan and want to have some restrictions, I would suggest you go with prepaid. Once all minutes are gone, you cannot call. If you want to use more, add some "booster". You would never have to worry about overlimit.
(Edited)
Photo of Inna Kyrylenko

Inna Kyrylenko

That's a good idea! Do you happen to know how can I switch to prepaid?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,352 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
- You would need to open a prepaid account first, with Koodo. Don't close the postpaid account yet. You will be given a new number with the prepaid plan.
- Port the postpaid number to your prepaid number. Your postpaid plan will automatically terminated. Now you can use prepaid plan with your existing number.

If you are close to a koodo store or wowmobile, I would suggest you visit them and ask them do it for you, so you don't have to worry much.
Photo of Inna Kyrylenko

Inna Kyrylenko

Thanks a lot!