Is customer service open or closed today?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Black Friday mentions

Friday Nov 25th......Black Friday? 
Photo of Garry

Garry

• 842 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Garry,

What do you need? We can most likely help you right here!
(Edited)
Photo of Garry

Garry

Thank you Mathieu, but this requires account changes....

Open or closed and when do they reopen please.
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do note that most account changes can be done online at no fee through self serve. If you are trying to switch to one of the new black friday promotional plan, you will need to send a message to Koodo on Facebook for the change.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,546 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Avoid calling Gary. We are simply flooded and I wouldn't want you to wait on the phone. As per Mathieu there is also a transaction fee for account changes that you can do online yourself. Can we help you with anything here? 
Photo of Garry

Garry

Hi Bernard,

I just ordered and received a new phone and have decided that I no longer want the plan attached to it, as there are other plans more condusive to my needs in the market place currently.
I was hoping Ontario would get the $48/5GB plan offering similarto the people in MB, BC,AB, and QB are being offered  but unfortunately it is not happening.
Thus, I would like to cancel my account and pay off my outstanding $360 tab balance. Can you facilitate this process for me please?
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

Nope. Cancel is the one thing that requires rep support. The $48 plan is only in MB/SK not in BC or AB. In Ontario right now there are promos as well, likely the best is a $55 3gb plan.  
Photo of Garry

Garry

Thanks anyways Bernard.
:-)
Photo of JeremyESQ

JeremyESQ

• 2,174 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Garry, it is my understanding that you can only pay off a tab after 90 days. If you cancel now, you will likely be assessed the the "outright purchase" price of the phone you got. Bernard, can you clarify?
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

You are right Jeremy. Tab can only be paid off after 90 days for active lines. Not that it makes sense for anyone to pay it off early.
Photo of JeremyESQ

JeremyESQ

So if a customer cancels within 90 days of activation, any activation credit is forfeited?
Photo of JeremyESQ

JeremyESQ

Found my answer.  That is really surprising because it seems to be a loophole to allow people to take advantage of promotional discounts. https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/activation-credit-to-be-repaid-if-i-cancel-pronto

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.