Invalid long distance charges on December 2016 bill

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have a charge of $2.50 for US long distance International calling on my bill dated december 2016. I did not make this call from my number as I never called US ever. I was wondering if Koodo Mobile can look into these charges and fix them if they have billed by mistake. I declare that I did not make any long distance US call and therefore should not be billed for it. Please help me out
Photo of Khurram Haq

Khurram Haq

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,634 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Have you ever been near the border? Did you look in your bill to see to what number you've been calling?
Photo of Khurram Haq

Khurram Haq

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi...I never went near the border area. I have been inside Canada only. I checked the number and I do not recognize it at all. I am pretty sure that I did not make such a call.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,504 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Khurram - I indeed see a call placed from the Ottawa area to a California number on your account, and it lasted about 5 mins. Could someone else have used your phone at this time to place the call? Check page 11 of your latest bill for details on the date and time it was placed to see if that is the case. If you're still confident that this was an error (which is very unlikely), shoot us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and an agent can verify you as the account owner and open a ticket to investigate further.

Also, while looking at your account, I've noticed that you're on an out of province plan that you're not eligible for. Please use your self-serve profile to change to an Ontario based plan of your choice within the next 7-days, or we will change it for you to a plan of equivalent dollar value.
(Edited)
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,634 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Oopsies!! Sometimes,it's better to be quiet and stop complaining!
Photo of Cameron Jones

Cameron Jones

• 6,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Have you noticed the trend here lately? Replies to issues are given and then told to get off their out of province plan