Internet for PC with Huawei Ascend Y330?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi, Im wanting to buy a Huawei Ascend Y330 so I can tether it to my Laptop for Internet when Im travelling, and to use as a cellphone in general - But my main focus is getting my emails and work done on my laptop while being abroad
Photo of Rob Barry

Rob Barry

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Curtules

Curtules

• 19,666 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You can tether with the Ascend Y330. Just go into settings and make your phone discoverable via bluetooth. If your laptop works with bluetooth this will work. The user guide doesn't mention USB tethering or portable hotspot compatibility, so I can't speak for those features.

Receiving emails should work fine on your computer, but sending them through outlook might prove to be problematic as your outlook will be set to send them through your ISP's server, not Telus/Koodo's.

To set up Koodo's outbound server you'll have to go into your account settings. From there select "change" in the email tab. Then you can change the outgoing mail server to smtp.telus.net.

Note: Outlook can only have one outgoing mail server at a time, so you'll have to change back to your ISP server when you get home, so write it down before you change.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.