in the gta area, will you give numbers other than the "289" ones?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I live in bolton, ontario and my phone number i was given has a 289 area code. I would much rather have 647 and was wondering if that is available?
Photo of alex gee

alex gee

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Djenneka

Djenneka

• 2,122 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Have you checked via your self serve account, by changing number, to see if there is a number with that code available in your area
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you activated less than 3 months ago, you'll have to call customer service (*611 from your Koodo phone or 18669956636 ) to change your number
Photo of Starfox

Starfox

• 5,718 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Keep in mind that there is a $25 fee to change your number when calling to have Koodo reps change it.. By the looks of this post, it is a cosmetic change not a forced change so the fee will apply.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,032 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Whenever possible, use your Self Service account to change the number if needed, there is not cost to change it on Self Service.

Just remember, if you have a Canada Wide plan, you will have no problem to place or receive your calls, but people calling you may incur in LD charges if ever for them your number is not a local number

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.