In October2013 we lost all services when Rogers crashed nationally. Since then we have no service on our Koodo phones from home

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Since October 2013 when Rogers crashed nationally, we have no service on our Koodo phones at home where as before we had complete and reliable service? Why and how do we remedy this?
Photo of M Bourque

M Bourque

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • completely frustrated as it has becomee a safety issue with connecting with home and family

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of markberwick

markberwick

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
That's weird. Have you called koodo? What have they told you? I don't believe koodo has any partnership with Rogers so Rogers having issues should not affect your koodo service.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,312 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo uses the same towers as Bell and Telus not Rogers so anything happening with Rogers wouldn't affect your Koodo lines at all.
Try doing a battery and sim pull, while the phone is on take out the battery and SIM Card for a minute or so then replace them and try it again.
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I guess what I don't understand is that you waited 9 months and you were ok without a phone.
Photo of M Bourque

M Bourque

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your ideas. We have tried both the battery and SIM card with no luck. And no we are 'not okay' without a phone. We have not waited and continue to ask for ideas for a solution but have yet to solve the issue. Considering we had terrific service and now have nothing, we are left asking WHY?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,080 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No service for 9 months and I would have canceled and left at month 2. Why are you still with/paying Koodo for zero service?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.