I'm Getting a Data Charge When I Have Data Completely Turned Off

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: *611 or 1-866-995-6636 mentions

I just got a $5.00 data charge on my phone bill, for apparently using 0.027 MB of data. I have and have always had data turned off. I am using an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1. What gives? I don't want to pay $5 for some phantom data charge when I have used no data at all.
Photo of Joshua Foley

Joshua Foley

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you recently sign up for Koodo? You could have used that data before you blocked it from your phone
Photo of Joshua Foley

Joshua Foley

No, I've had this phone for a while with the same plan, and I this is the first time I've received an illegitimate data charge.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,124 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Go to Settings>Cellular
Is their anything under Cellular Data Usage? If not, take a screen shot as your evidence that you never used any data
Photo of Joshua Foley

Joshua Foley

It says 0 bytes for the current period.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Also scroll down to show them when the stats were last reset. Just take a screen shot so you have some proof
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,668 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Right you are Joshua :) But you'll need to call Koodo (*611) so they can process a refund... we're only volunteers here and don't have access to your account!
Photo of Robski808

Robski808

• 1,088 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
They will probably adjust the account, as it is not a high charge. To ensure nothing like this happens in the future, consider a data block, or changing APN info so it doesnt happen again.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Manually editing APN info isn't really possible on an iPhone (I'm assuming jailbreak can though)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Yes it can be edited with an app once jailbroken (tether me)

Also it can be edited when the phone is unlocked ($35 with Koodo)
Photo of Joshua Foley

Joshua Foley

The phone is already unlocked.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.