I'm already a customer, is upgrading and adding a tab considered a new activation and therefore qualifies for the $200 bonus gift?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mentions

I want a new phone and have a positive tab. I'm already a customer, is upgrading and adding a tab considered a new activation and therefore qualifies for the $200 bonus gift?
Photo of Iain Shankland

Iain Shankland

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you're adding a new line then yes. Otherwise it's not a new activation, it's an upgrade.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,426 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can try Bestbuy for Boxing Day perhaps since the flyer states new and renewal but they might claim it a mistake or something
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,426 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Last year they didn't do it for Koodo phones at least, sadly.
Photo of Heather Milne

Heather Milne

• 60 Points
They may claim it a mistake but that would also be false advertisement... to increase customer flow...
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,930 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And I would insist for GC and they(BB in this case) should honor it.
(Edited)
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,038 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
some multi-brand retailers are offering bonus gift cards or PC Plus Points on upgrades on only the S5 Neo and the iPhone 5s on Koodo.  Other phones, the GC's/Points are only on New Activations
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,932 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
YMMV, but you could call in and talk to loyalty to get some sort of deal to justify doing a HUP (Hardware Upgrade). Otherwise, the only way to take advantage of the gift cards would be a NAC (new activation). Could port out to another carrier, then port back in. Hopefully loyalty will give you a good enough deal to prevent you from having to resort to that.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.