If my tab is 130 can How much do I pay for the iphone SE

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Positive Tab mentions

Same as question, If I upgrade to the iphone SE (because I don't care for the black slate iphone 5S) and my tab balance is 130.39. How much would I pay for the iphone SE?

Will I simply pay less on the tab and still pay the 89$ upfront or can I use it as credit towards the upfront fee?

Photo of pattgal

pattgal

• 532 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,372 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you have 130 positive balance you will pay 130$ less upfront
Photo of pattgal

pattgal

will there be any other surprise/miscellaneous fees?
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,038 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

is that $130.39 a positive tab (as in you've had your phone over 2 years) or a negative/owing tab (as in you've had it less than 2 years and that's the remaining Tab owing, also called an early upgrade fee/early cancellation fee)?  If it's a tab Owing, you'll have to clear that up first.  If you go into a Koodo Kiosk/Store or a Multibrand Wireless Retailer (such as OSL aka Walmart Wireless, or The Mobile Shop inside most Loblaws branded stores - RCSS, Zehrs, RASS, LSL, some Fortinos) and get an upgrade, that $130.39 will go on your next bill and you'll start a new Tab.  Right now the SE is around $220 in-store on the Regular Tab and $100 on the Tab Plus.

Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,038 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
if you want a new SIM card, they've gone up to $10 at most shops, but the SE does take the same SIM size (Nano) so you don't have to replace it
Photo of pattgal

pattgal

k so the plan I want is only available at best buy, 60$ unlimited minutes and 1g data. If I want that deal I have to upgrade to a new phone since they cant change my account without an upgrade

my tab is 130.39 positive and the iPhone SE was recommended as the 5S thumb print is buggy. If I get the 60$ plan on tab plus, with my positive tab balance,  how much will my bill be?

I have no idea how tab plus works I've never used it.

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,372 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The cost of your bill will be 60$ (plan) + 21$ (tab plus) = 81$ + applicable taxes. The positive tab balance will only affect the price you pay upfront for the phone. If the iPhone SE would've been 200$ upfront, because you have 130$ tab, you would only need to pay 70$.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,704 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you use "Tab plus", you will need to change your plan to one of Tab plus plan which start from $69/mo ( 1 GB + unlimited minute)

iPhone SE 16 GB is $604 and use your $130 positive tab = $474
If you use Tab plus:  
You will pay $0 upfront +Your monthly charge will be : $69 plan + $19.75 tab fee = $88.75 for next 24 months
(Or $69 plan + $21 tab= $90 for 23 months? i'm not sure)

If you use the tab :$220-$130= $90 upfront
 + your monthly charge will be: your current plan price + $15 tab fee
If you want to switch to $60plan( 1000 min + 2GB) >  +$75/mo for next 24 months
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.