i signed up yesterday...why does my usage say i have used 214/400 Mb?????

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
New phone
Photo of bella dutch

bella dutch

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That is due to proration. this video should help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlXFWW...
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Actually data is not prorated. It sounds like you've been accidentally using internet-based apps or downloading a software update through your data plan. Make sure your mobile data is turned off when you're not using it or planning to use it.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There are many apps that will require updating right out of the box and it will start doing so as soon as you set up the phone (on some Android devices), also if you select to restore apps during the initial sign in process with your Google account and you have had an Android phone prior to thus one it will restore the apps from your last phone. It's always best to initially set up your phone over a wifi connection IMO.
Photo of Bob Smith

Bob Smith

• 1,492 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Change everything you can to only update on wi-fi. This will prevent apps from updating themselves on data. Can also restrict background data on some apps.
Photo of Mark Kokolsky

Mark Kokolsky

• 10,722 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Id guess it was an update that happened when you first got your phone. Which phone do you have? I know when I picked up my Nexus 5 the first thing it did was download like a 200mb system update before I could even do anything.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.