I really like the $60 plan. But, I travel south for 4 to 6 months every year. Can I put the phone "on hold" while I am away?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I want to keep my phone number, would like to pay a fee to have my number call forwarded to my home phone while I am on vacation. What I don't want to do is pay $60 a month while I am away for several months at a time.
Photo of P B


  • 70 Points

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

  • 17,268 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You can put it on seasonal hold for $15/month to save your phone number by keeping it active. You will, however lose your plan and will have to choose from existing plans at the time of resuming service
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

  • 115,204 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can put your services on "Seasonal Hold" which will keep your numbers with $15/month.
But the seasonal hold counts as a new plan. So If you like your $60 plan (I assume that with the promo), you will not get it back when you come back. (You will need to pick a plan that is available then)

If you are out of country almost half of a year, you could consider to have a prepaid plan with the Talk & Data Booster?
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

  • 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Your best bet is to port your number to Fongo whenever you leave and then port it back to a Canadian carrier when you return.

This obviously applies only so you can keep your Canadian #.

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,856 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you don't want to lose your $60 plan and dont want to lose your number and want to forward your calls... Then you have no option than to Keep keep your plan active and pay the full price while on holidays
Photo of Myke


  • 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You cannot do call fowarding outside of Canada.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,856 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good point. Totally forgot they were snowbirds

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.