I have no service and koodo can't solve the problem. useless costumer service I may add!

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There was a national outage yesterday. Koodo says it's been fixed but some customers need to remove the battery and sim and then reinsert then to get service back

Let us know
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

I have done this 100 timestimes and talked to not a at kiddo for 2 hours today. No one can help me and I have no text messaging or in coming calls. Koodo is the worst provider in Canada!!
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
There is currently an issue going on with Eastern customers. Koodo is working on it. Please have patience.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Kane, didn't realize there was another outage. Although my Telus service is doing fine.
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

It seems to be only Koodo related.
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

That was suppose to say I talked to Norma at koodo for 2 . Also , I am not the only costumer having this problem so don't try and act like that's the case . I still have the problem and yes I did pay my bill. Early to be honest with you. So don't take the blame off koodo and put that on me. Again great costumer service....
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

Shawn, can you please take a moment to calm down? The hostility isn't going to help anyone. I have taken the effort to provide you with the information that you need, so there is no need to lash back. It is currently on Koodo's end. I would recommend calling in as there is a bit of troubleshooting that can be tried. If that doesn't work, then a ticket would be logged.

I hope your day gets better for you.
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

Ticket will take 72 hours and how can they call me when I can't receive calls? Hope your day gets better.....
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

Well, let's look at this logically. When the issue is resolved, you will be able to receive calls :).

Beyond that, if you have an alternate contact (home phone/email) they would contact you that way as well.
Photo of Jonathan I

We're customers like you. There are a few employees on here but everyone is on here on our spare time.
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

I am on here because koodo sucks ass, man.
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

That's certainly your opinion. I personally can't remember the last time Koodo had network issues that went beyond 24 hours. It certainly is terrible when network issues happen, but you can either remain calm and patient when they get it resolved, or you can throw a temper tantrum, insulting those that are trying to help you. Your choice though.
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Seriously? Another insult? Ya, people want to help you....this is not the way to conduct a conversation about your problem. You called, they tried to fix it and couldn't. The place a trouble ticket which can take up to 3 business days (72 hours) to complete. So from Koodo's side, they did all they could until the ticket it looked at and completed. Oh...what's this? An outage in eastern Ontario? That might be the issue. It happens. They are doing what they can to fix it. You want to post on here? Be an adult about it and leave the insults locked up.
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

Thanks for all your sarcasm, you seem like a very nice person. If koodo was honest yesterday and today on the phone and tried to help and not make the problem to be my phone, then I would not have even come on this board. But you do have to take responsibility in your problems. I have been with Many providers and yes all do have there problems but koodo was the worse costumer service I have yet to experience. Thanks. Freedom of speech.....
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

How has Koodo not been honest? Yesterday, they had stated that there were network issues with calls and mobile internet. Today, Tech Agents are troubleshooting the issue & if it doesn't work, logging tickets for the known issue.

Regardless though, you do not need to come here with your attitude if you cannot remain respectful to others. I've tried to help you, but you clearly do not want it.

Good day.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

What sarcasm? I was stating facts. I'm tired of people always complaining and bad mouthing their provider with the expectation that being rude will solve the problem. No. Its like throwing gas on a fire. Read the comment Jonathan posted that shows a picture of the service agreement. Just some education for all of us that is obviously needed in the last 24 - 48 hours.
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Don't feed the troll guys! :-) Shawn seems to be beyond help. :-)

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Aww :(
Photo of Jonathan I

First, what is "talked to not a at kiddo for 2 hours"?

Second, they're the worst provider in Canada because your phone isn't working? Come on, man. We'll try to help.

What phone do you have and where are you located? Have you paid your bills on time? Are you on the spending limit program? Is your phone set to 2G/GSM only/etc?
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Shawn, this is your opportunity to discover that your cellphone doesn't own you. You seem to paint a picture that your world would end without phone service. Pretty sad, I might add. And it really doesn't matter which company you go with they will all have issues like this. That's just technology.
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

Then they should state that when your signing up with them. And not play games when issues happen. You must be like 100 years old to think that you dont need a phone. I have no home phone grandpa and this is my only way to stay in touch with a very ill person ..... think before you jump all over someone.....
Photo of Jonathan I

Actually they do state it. It's in your CSA.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

How about not insulting a company you need help from. Let's go with that. Situations happen with all providers where networks fail. That's why there are techs who fix such issues. Its not going to happen lightning fast. Koodo doesn't have the Flash on their payroll.
Photo of Jonathan I

I wish I had the Flash working for us :P

Zaphod Beeblebrox

IPhone users wouldn't like it since flash isn't supported ;)
Photo of Jonathan I

Google removed native Flash support after 4.0 but you can always try side loading and root.

Then there's Windows Tablets. Those are actually pretty sweet. I want one.
Photo of Moto G

Moto G

• 6,066 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
With all your experience with all the other companies you was with, you should have ALREADY known, what you said Koodo did not tell you, which I don't believe.
Secondly little Boy, Grandpa can tell you that the telegraph and the land lines, go down everyday all over Canada, but you would know that, if you where not such a spoiled little city child.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,980 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Things happen, Shawn, they do go wrong. The day before yesterday we were without power at our residence for several hours, we had no Internet, no furnace, no stove, no hot water, no coffee, no light, NOTHING. We could yell and scream at the person who ran into the electric pole and cut the electricity off, but what good would that do?
We just had to get on with it and patiently wait till everything went back to normal again.

Regarding your remarks concerning Koodo, I thoroughly disagree with you. I think their customer service is excellent. As for their outage, I am certain Koodo weren't in the least bit happy about it and doing everything in their power to put things right and see if they can avoid it happening again.
Photo of shawn webb

shawn webb

Thanks koodo your awesome....best of luck in the future.....
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,598 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Bye!
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
http://community.koodomobile.com/kood... and as other people have stated EVERY carrier has problems from time to time shawn. nice sarcasm btw

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.