I was previously a Koodo customer but now back with new plan and 1000 international minutes

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
So I was previously a Koodo customer but I saw the new plan that has 1000 international minutes so I got the $40 plan. Now when I log in, I don't see it in my account. Also, I don't know why my old account is still active in the self serve. So I just linked the new account to the old self serve account. Is it possible to delete the old one? I will be porting in that same "old" phone number back to Koodo, to the new account. 
Photo of Mu Ying Lin

Mu Ying Lin

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,066 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
How long ago you left Koodo?
You can access your self serve for 90 days after you cancelled your account, but it shouldn't be active. (You shouldn't be able to change/dd anything)

Did you open an account as a new customer?
Photo of Mu Ying Lin

Mu Ying Lin

Oops I could have commented instead.
Photo of Mu Ying Lin

Mu Ying Lin

I left Koodo least than a month ago. Yeah I see the old account but I can't do anything to it. I just want it deleted so when I do the port (same phone number on the old account), it wouldn't have conflicts.

What do you mean by new customer? The rep asked me if I was a current Koodo customer and I replied no, but all my personal info like name, address, etc are the same.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 113,900 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Because your old self serve is inactive.
You can check your states after you canceled your account, but you can't do anything with it. 

You should be able to create a new self serve account with different Email.
But, I still don't get that you said "you already linked the new account to my old self serve account" tho... 
(Edited)
Photo of Mu Ying Lin

Mu Ying Lin

OK let me explain. I logged in to the old self serve and the old koodo account still shows (but everything is inactive), what I did was I linked/added the newly opened account today to the old self serve.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 113,900 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I know your old self serve is inactive. That's why I was puzzled why the system(old self account) was able to add your new account. 

You can't delete your old self serve account. But you managed linked new account on it...  YOu can't port your number in without active self serve account.
So, yeah,I would call in to fix this.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 29,420 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mu - I see that you were able to get this all sorted this morning and I also see the 1,000 min. long distance promo on your account. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Photo of Mu Ying Lin

Mu Ying Lin

All sorted out! Thanks!