I want to upgrade my phone. There are two options "tab 150$ and 15$ by 24 month" and "tab 0$ and 15$ by 24 month". Is it meaans same for me?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I want to upgrade my phone. My tab is payed off. When reviewed new phone options I can see two options for me: one is "tab 150$ and 15$ by 24 month" and second option is "tab 0$ and 15$ by 24 month". Is it meaans same for me since I am not paying the tab?
Photo of Andrey Kozlenko

Andrey Kozlenko

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If your getting a phone on the new tab system, and getting normal tab you pay 15$ a month to cover the cost of the phone. If it says 0$. than that means you pay nothing UP FRONT and pay 15$ on top of your monthly bill , if it says $150 and a tab of 15$ a month than you pay $150 up front and tab payments every month on top of your bill of 15$

* for the future, try to keep the same topics to 1 post :)

This explains tab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW58m...
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,574 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What phone are you looking to get and we can explain your options which are to pay for the phone in full at time of purchase or put part of the phone on a regular tab and pay up to $15 per month for 24 months or put part of the price of the phone on the large tab and pay up to $21 per month for the tab payments for 24 months.
Photo of Andrey Kozlenko

Andrey Kozlenko

Hi Paul, thank you for your help. I would like to chose between LG G3 (tab $0+15$/month), Moto G (3 gen) has tab $0+10$/month, and Nexus 5x (tab 150$ + 15/month). Currently I paid off my tab and have nothing owe to KOODO. My current phone is Moto G, but I love Samsung. Nexus 5 is better than Samsung according to reviews. Could you please clarify what I will pay on top of my plan in these cases (below). Thanks. Andrey.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

Its really not complicated at all.
Just make sure that phone(Acer) is compatible with Koodo, you can do that through self serve on the website or from www.willmyphonework.net.
The tab payments 15$/24 months cover the cost of the phone after u pay 150$. So its 360$ worth of tab payment's monthly PLUS the 150$ making it 510$ TOTAL for the phone. The role of the tab is to spread the cost of the phone over the 24 months but Tab Normal can only be up to 360$ of the phone . The 150$ is what u pay upfront to get u to the tab amount of 360$ there is so many little videos made by koodo explaining Tab in case my explanation is a little rough. Best of luck.
(Edited)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,066 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Tab is like an interest free loan now and you can put up to $360 on it.
Then you will pay back $15/mo for 24 months.

Example
If you want $360 phone with Tab:
$0 upfront + $15/mo for 24 months

If you want $500 phone with Tab:
$140 upfront +$15/mo for 24 months

If you want $900 phone with Tab:
$540  upfront +$15/mo for 24 months....

So, Nexus 5x is more expensive phone than  LG G3 or Moto G (3 gen). That's why you have to pay $150 upfront.
Photo of Andrey Kozlenko

Andrey Kozlenko

Thank you everybody!

It is clear now, and I am sorry for my confusion. It happened because I got my first phone absolutely free years ago and never used the tab.

Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,066 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
NP, Andrey :)
Many ppl were/are confused about new Tab system(no more Koodo's contribution)

If you have any other questions, come back here any time ;)
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

Glad you got it figured out Andrey

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.