i want to remove the redundant $6 extended warranty charge from my bill. The warranty still costs $50 to get a new old phone.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

extended warranty a ripoff. i want it gone from my bill.
Photo of Greg Finlay

Greg Finlay

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,996 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You can remove this by calling in or visiting a Koodo Shop but let me explain some of the value.

I'm not sure what kind of phone you have, but i'm going to use an iPhone 5s as an example.

Phone costs 710 dollars.
Our warranty covers two full replacements of the phone. $1420 value.
7 a month (apple care costs) over 2 years is 168 dollars.
And it costs 70 dollars to replace it with apple care (again just an example thats even more expensive than yours)
so 140 dollars on top of that.
308 dollars compared to almost 1500 to replace it twice.

A case and a screen protector are always great assurance.
But there is nothing better for peace of mind than the warranty.
Photo of Greg Finlay

Greg Finlay

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes but they charge me every month and now want more money for a used phone. Its garbage. And they won't let me remove the charge that i no longer want
Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,996 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Again.
Just call in or visit a store and they will remove it for you.
50 dollars for a brand new phone is extremely reasonable.
If you don't want to pay it, then you're more than welcome to upgrade to a new phone, but it's going to cost you 7X as much.
Just saying.

Go over the costs with a piece of paper and see what you would rather do!
But you`re not trapped into paying this fee if you don`t want to.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,736 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you saying that you've been paying for the extended warranty and now you've broken your phone and want to make a claim but don't want to pay the deductible to make the claim and get a working device? What exactly were you expecting if you don't mind me asking?
(Edited)
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Below is an excerpt from Koodo's Extended Warranty Program (page 3). Refer to the link below for more information.

Cancellation. You may terminate the Contract at any time for any reason by calling Koodo at 1-866-995-6636 or visiting a Koodo shop to request cancellation. You may cancel Your Plan by returning to Your original point of purchase for a full refund within the first fifteen (15) days of enrollment. After the first fifteen (15) days after enrollment in the Plan, You may cancel the Contract by calling Koodo at 1-866-995-6636.

http://extendedwarranty.koodomobile.c...
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.