I selected the $40 plan (500MB/500 minutes) but only got 300 MB/300 minutes. Why?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I just selected the $40/month plan which was advertised as 500 MB/500 minutes.  The confirmation I received from Koodo shows I will only receive 300 MB/300 minutes. Why?
Photo of Dean

Dean

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,624 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Were you changing plans midway through a billing cycle? If so you will only receive a portion of your data and minute for the month. This is called proration. If this is the case then next month you will recieve the full 500MB/500min.
By the sounds of it you are 12 days into your billing cycle so you are recieving 18 days of the new plan.
500MB/30days = 16.66MB/day
16.66MB/day x 18 days = 300MB
(Edited)
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,412 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Let us take a look at this Dean - I'm seeing what you mean. Will investigate and let you know why it's appearing this way. Hang tight. 

@Allan - great guess, but it doesn't look to be a pro-ration related issue. 
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Dean! The reason why you got the 300mb and 300mn plan is because you are on the old Tab system and can only select a plan available for the old Tab. The plans advertised on our website are for customers that are on the new Tab system (since April 2015).  Since you don't have a Tab, you are free to select the updated $40 plan; however, you will lose your 10% discount as this discount is attached to the old Tab system that we had.  The plans available right now already reflect the savings that a customer with no Tab would get.  You would need to contact us to put you on the new Tab system if you want the new $40 plan.  Send us a message on Facebook and we will be happy to assist you further! 
Photo of Dean

Dean

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the answer to my question.