I never called 613-581-4001 but it shows up in my bill

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

I am using Prepaid so only within Canada. Once I'm outside of Canada service should be gone. But when I'm outside of Canada, I notice that I had a few calls from my cell to a number 613-581-4001. A bit of google shows that's Telus Ottawa's number. Why on earth would that be there as I am 1000 miles away from Canada and no way I can make such calls?
Photo of Harry Cheng

Harry Cheng

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That is extremely strange Harry. If you are worried about this I would call koodo for sure. 1-866-995-6636
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 139,992 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That looks like a koodo voicemail access number...
Photo of Ry

Ry

• 5,552 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
That is correct. It's Ottawa's vm access number
Photo of Harry Cheng

Harry Cheng

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Am I right to suggest that it's because someone called me and left a message and hence in my record it shows MY NUMBER calling the OTTAWA VM NUMBER??
Photo of Ry

Ry

• 5,552 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
That is correct. How vm works on hspa devices is when no answer/busy/unavailable, the network call forwards to the number specified. In this case to that Ottawa VM access number.
You can customize this on your phone, but keep in mind that pay per use call forwarding applies.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.